- Stop using Accutane 1 year prior to treatment.
- Stop any type of exfoliating treatment(s) to the area of treatment, 2-4 weeks prior to and after your peel.
- AHA/BHA Peels: You can combine them with any type of facial or microdermabrasion treatments.
- Stop applying Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, and Differin 2 weeks prior to and after treatment.
- Stop sun tanning or using the tanning bed 2-4 weeks prior to and after your treatment.
- Stop any type of depilatory treatments (waxing, depilatory creams) to the area of treatment, 2 weeks prior to or after your peel.
- Stop electrolysis, and any type of laser treatments (laser hair removal, IPL) to the area of treatment 2-4 weeks prior and after your peel.
- When cleansing, do not scrub. Use a gentle cleanser, such as a Cosmeceutical Gentle Cleanser.
- With the chemical peel, your skin may start to peel 3 days after the peel and continue to peel for 2 more days. Your skin may not peel at all.
- Do not peel, pick, or scratch the treated area, as this may result in scarring.
- Apply polysporin, coconut oil, aloe-based natural moisturizer, bacitracin, or vaseline to dry flaky areas.
- Do not have any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks after your peel or until the skin is smooth and back to normal.
- If given a cortisone cream, please apply it 1-3 times per day to red irritated areas or as directed. This is only used if skin is too dry and itching. Do not use it longterm.
- Always wear your sunscreen, apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every morning. We have SPF 35 and SPF 50 available for sale at our office.